I completed the DONA International Birth Doula training with Tracy Donegan in June 2014 and then joined the Doula Association of Ireland. I went on to complete the DONA International Postpartum Doula training with Ann Grauer in June 2017, although my heart lies with birth work.
I live near Innishannon with my husband and three daughters. Two of our daughters were born in CUMH and I have personal experience of VBAC, after my first birth ended in a cesarean section.
In my years working as a doula I feel I have gained a lot of experience supporting families who have had previous difficult or traumatic birth experiences, both in hospital and home birth settings. Every client/family and birth I support provides me with a learning journey, both professionally and personally.
Skills & Interests:
- Friends of Breastfeeding Buddy
- Cuidiu Breastfeeding Counsellor
- Run two breastfeeding support groups in my locality
- 3 Step Rewind Technique training with Mia Scotland
- Spinning Babies workshop with Gail Tully and Jennifer Walker