I am birth doula, a health researcher, a facilitator, and a mama of two. I have worked as a health researcher and facilitator with mothers from all walks of life for the past 12 years, in different countries around the world. I am trained in trauma-informed care and have experience working with survivors of sexual assault and other forms of trauma, including birth trauma. I deeply appreciate that what is right for one woman might not be right for another, and I am good at finding evidence-based information to help you make the choices that are right for you.
I trained as a doula because I believe that becoming a mama is a BIG DEAL. It’s a huge transformation. And because of that, it matters how we feel about it, every step of the way. Over the years, I’ve collected a bunch of tools that help us connect with our deeper selves – from yoga and creative writing to nature walks and herbal medicines to dream work and shamanic drumming. I’ll use whatever works for you.
Skills & Interests:
- Birth doula (with Samara Hawthorn of Wellmama Doula Wales)
- Health researcher (PhD in social science)
- Trauma-informed care (IICP College Dublin)
- Miscarriage and abortion support (with Samantha Zipporah)
- 3 Step Rewind Method for birth trauma (with Ruth Olayinka, UK)
- Workshop facilitator (with Wellmama Doulas Ireland)
- Shamanic practice (with Manda Scott of Dreaming Awake)
- Involvement in anti-racist and feminist activism
- Fitness trainer and yoga practitioner
- Lay herbalist
University Maternity Hospital Limerick, the Midland Regional Hospital Portlaoise, South Tipperary General Hospital Clonmel, Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe, and Midland Regional Hospital Mullingar and homebirth in the Midlands.